The deep stages of NREM sleep do not differ significantly from REM sleep in terms of the level of body movement since both types of sleep are characterized by heavy muscle paralysis. To distinguish REM sleep from the deep sleep phases which precede it, one would need to check for the presence of random eye movement using electrooculography(EOG). Unfortunately, we are not able to accomplish this using the current technology of smartphones.
Articles in this section
- What features in Sleep Time do I receive with a premium membership?
- Medical Diagnostic Tool
- Radiation Concerns
- Why isn’t my Sleep Time alarm ringing?
- How do I sync Sleep Time with Apple Health?
- How do I preserve battery life while using Sleep Time?
- How do I delete old entries or data?
- Can Sleep Time be used in airplane mode?
- How can I read the sleep graphs if I am colorblind?
- How can I make notes about specific data entries?